October 17th, 2019

I headed over to Gabe's in my comfy clothes, a Nespresso coffee and my laptop. He was in his loft area already researching away, Natalie was making herself pumpkin pie for breakfast.

I have discovered that the best part about traveling and the internet is that you can find all the information you need to travel and videos of 50 people doing it, that you can get an idea of what you'll need and where you want to stay and things you want to see in utter detail before even getting there. Gabe had been sending me blogs and websites and youtube videos of people's trips to Annapurna for the last few days and it was awesome to mark off some things on my personal list of what I needed and wanted to feel comfortable doing this trip.

I have to admit both of us were super pumped and Gabe plans like I do, which I learned from my father. Down to printing out a step by step itinerary. HA! So while he was finding our most affordable travel insurance I was finding the best places to stay in Katmandu since we would have 30 hours of travel and would need one full day to get our TIMS figured out.

When it comes to finding places to stay I have to give myself a pat on the back. I will research down to the equal distance from the airport and the closets coffee shop or attraction I want to see, and the price. As soon as Gabe found our insurance for $58, for the two of us, with a 50K accident coverage, I purchased our Airbnb. An amazing bed and breakfast (yes breakfast included) with two beds, 15 minutes from the airport and a 15 minute walk from the famous market place and temples, only $58 for two nights! OMG! It was pretty cool that even though we set up an account on Splittr (an app to keep track of finances while you travel with two or more people and what they owe you) we didn't really need to log that in since we both broke even. Can we talk about how cheap everything is there? I mean googling food and stays and travel you'll find everything is so affordable!

I also ordered a light weight, travel, microfiber towel that came with decomposable wipes for $7 on Amazon from HIHIKER. I still hadn't heard from anyone about having a 30 liter pack to use but I was still hopeful.

So we had our iPhone notes shared on what we need to pack and do, researched our travel after Katmandu, booked our place to stay, had travelers insurance and found things online to get us all set up for our next steps. I was feeling even more comfortable now then I had been. I'm not a nervous traveler by nature even with this being such a big thing I was taking on.

I am however not telling people what I'm doing yet. Telling my family might be me posting on facebook when I'm on the plane.... I don't like to worry anyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nepal Anyone?