October 22nd, 2019
After reaching out to many many people about a hiking pack to no avail I went online to find the best but most affordable 30 liter pack I could. After two hours researching brands and weight and reading all the reviews I happened upon an amazing deal again on Amazon for a 40 liter pack in my favorite teal blue and grey for $20 from G4. I was torn between the black or purple pack but I didn't want to be an eyesore on the hike! HAHA! If I trusted Wish to get something to me in the right time frame I would have just ordered a shitty pack for really cheap from them. But they say you could get things from November 2nd- November 20th! Yeah no.
So my pack is taken care of now. I've started a list on my personal expenses for this trip. I'd like to keep it under $1000. Which when I get there, the prices for everything aren't too crazy and I should be able to make that happen. However now we are factoring in a flight from base back to Katmandu for $100 instead of taking the bus we are using to get there that will be 7 hours long. I think after 10 days of hiking I'd rather have a 20 minute flight instead of a 7 hour bus and spend an extra night in Katmandu before flying home. Maybe I'll look into getting another night a our airbnb for the way home...
After reaching out to many many people about a hiking pack to no avail I went online to find the best but most affordable 30 liter pack I could. After two hours researching brands and weight and reading all the reviews I happened upon an amazing deal again on Amazon for a 40 liter pack in my favorite teal blue and grey for $20 from G4. I was torn between the black or purple pack but I didn't want to be an eyesore on the hike! HAHA! If I trusted Wish to get something to me in the right time frame I would have just ordered a shitty pack for really cheap from them. But they say you could get things from November 2nd- November 20th! Yeah no.
So my pack is taken care of now. I've started a list on my personal expenses for this trip. I'd like to keep it under $1000. Which when I get there, the prices for everything aren't too crazy and I should be able to make that happen. However now we are factoring in a flight from base back to Katmandu for $100 instead of taking the bus we are using to get there that will be 7 hours long. I think after 10 days of hiking I'd rather have a 20 minute flight instead of a 7 hour bus and spend an extra night in Katmandu before flying home. Maybe I'll look into getting another night a our airbnb for the way home...
Comments
Post a Comment